Looking for an engaging project for your high school marketing class? Attend our free summer workshop! The workshop includes a field trip to a material recovery facility and tips on how advertising and marketing are used in our program. Lunch is also on us!
Last year, using recycling as a topic, Affton High School’s Advanced Marketing Class did a three-week unit that concluded with students presenting their campaigns to industry professionals.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
9:00 am-2:00 pm
Tentative Workshop Agenda:
- 9:00 -9:30 Overview of Solid Waste Management in St. Louis County
- 10:00 Field trip to Resource Management’s Material Recovery Facility
- 11:30 Return to Health Campus
- Noon – Lunch provided
- 12:30 – 1:00 Presentation- How advertising and marketing are used in our program
- 1:00 – 1:45 Presentation – Affton High School Class Project
- 1:45 – 2:00 Questions and conclusion
For schools that do a marketing project on recycling in the 2015-2016 school year we can provide:
- Field trip opportunity for your students
- Staff members to answer questions
- Industry related professionals to hear student presentations and provide feedback about their projects.
Please share this opportunity with other St. Louis County teachers in public or private schools.
Space is limited to 20 so send your RSVP soon. We hope to see you in July!
Saint Louis County
Department of Public Health
6121 N. Hanley Rd.
Berkeley, MO 63134
RSVP to Margaret Lilly