For a print-friendly version, open attachment at bottom of page. Print on both sides of paper whenever possible.
To go even further, tell families how to join the Green My Lunch Campaign.
Encourage families to pack an Earth-friendly lunch for the following reasons:
- They may save money by purchasing food items in larger bulk containers.
- They can save resources by reusing a cloth or plastic lunch bag or box.
- They will help keep garbage cans empty and save on school disposal costs.
- Children will avoid crumpled chips or smashed sandwiches by using sturdy, reusable containers.
- Cloth napkins can be reused countless times. Consider starting out with five napkins to get through the busy week.
- Throw in a spoon or fork from your set of cutlery or wash your plastic utensils a few times before disposal. Reusable bamboo utensils are a sustainable option for many folks.
- How about reusing margarine, yogurt, or hummus containers to pack snack items?
- Reuse or invest in a reusable bottle with a tight seal to store that lunch time drink.